Libre Gaming meeting minutes #2
artchad, Cesar, DeathByDenim, emorrp1, Felix, Livio, poVoq, SeanCJ, sm2n, ThinkSome, vvbudh, franzo, OptimusDU, spongy, Rampoina, freem, infrared
- about libre games and libregaming.org
- organisation formation
- assets, CC, engine, NC, opengameart.org
- round of introductions
- General review of last 6 months, what is/isn’t working for libregaming.org?
- subdomains (manual dynamic dns)
- website - have content, server, need CMS / SSG
- spongy working on "design language" documentation
- sm2n interested in doing the SSG
- co-ordination channel? - #libregaming-workshop
- port forwarding/relay solution?
- Chat channels: privacy, moderation, working groups, on-topic
- Service (de)centralisation
- FreeGamedev.net can host stuff, but the bus factor is currently more or less 1
- provide a place and encouragement for devs to interact (freegamedev.net?)
- A more open social media forum (Lemmy?) could be good for devs to create communities easily?
- general goals and level of ambition, as well as how “growth” oriented/cohesive
- Keep it small intentionally?
- Community building! Promoting niche games?
- Organized "mobs" to promote libregaming (with devs?), similar to Gaming on Linux?
- Long term goal: some sort of Steam like launcher & integrated game ratings + community?
- collaborative focus day with a shared todo list
- Writing on tutorials? Outreach to specific communties to "commission" contributions?
- hackathon kind of thing? What kind of topics?
- cross-cutting concerns: matchmaking, netdev, community management, servers, ratings
Any Other Business
- play 0ad, themanaworld, mindustry
- try to organize the next meeting before end of March. Maybe make this a monthly or at least quarterly thing?
- we did not discuss moderation in the end
- emorrp1 to fix dangling rooms and bridge discussion for website
- hribhrib to grant some git access
- poVoq to arrange next meeting unless someone else does it first
- sm2n to work on website